- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
- Detroit porch shooting trial: Suspect says he didn’t know gun was loaded
James misses Heat practice for personal matter
Question of the Day
MIAMI (AP) - LeBron James was not with the Miami Heat for their final regular-season shootaround on Wednesday morning. Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said the league’s reigning MVP was tending to a personal matter.
James was not expected to play Wednesday against the Orlando Magic. He has spent part of the past couple weeks dealing with a right hamstring strain.
The Heat have home-court advantage for as long as they remain in this season’s NBA playoffs. Miami will host Milwaukee in Game 1 of an Eastern Conference first-round series this weekend, with the schedule to be announced late Wednesday or early Thursday.
James is averaging 26.8 points this season, fourth-best in the NBA.
Spoelstra did not announce a lineup for the regular-season finale, indicating many players would be game-time decisions.
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- House panel OKs resolution to sue president for Obamacare delays
- Conservative groups decry Democrats' 'war on women' tactic
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Astronaut shares 'saddest photo' from space: Bombs bursting over Israel, Gaza
- Doctor, 2 others shot at Pennsylvania hospital: reports
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq