- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Man shot in Northeast D.C.
A man was injured in a shooting in the Northeast D.C. neighborhood of Brentwood, not far from the scene where two men were shot over the weekend, according to police reports.
Investigators do not believe the two shootings, which injured three men late Tuesday, are related, Fifth District Cmdr. Andrew Solberg said.
“We’re still investigating, but nothing would lead us to conclude a relationship between them,” Cmdr. Solberg said in an email.
Tuesday’s shooting happened in the 1200 block of Brentwood Road in Northeast just after 11 p.m. A man suffered a graze wound to the back after an someone fired at him, police said.
On Sunday, two men suffered multiple gunshot wounds during a shooting in the 1300 block of Saratoga Avenue Northeast, just around the corner from the site of Tuesday’s attack. One man was shot twice in the back and the other was shot in the leg and arm, police said. No further information was available about their conditions on Wednesday.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Andrea Noble is a crime and public safety reporter for The Washington Times. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Released from hospital, Marion Barry reflects on his health and political career
- Montgomery County matches homicide total from 2013
- Council member introduces bill to regulate D.C. party promoters
- D.C. Council approves bill decriminalizing marijuana
- D.C. mayor expresses 'outrage' over Secret Service road closures
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- CPAC 2014: Rand Paul urges conservatives to fight for liberty
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- EDITORIAL: Connecticut revolts against gun controls that could criminalize 300,000
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Protests in Russia against Putin's actions in Ukraine a shift in attitudes
- Russian lawmaker wants to outlaw U.S. dollar, calls it a Ponzi scheme
- Aronofsky's 'Noah' banned in Qatar, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates
- High schooler suing parents for money shot down by judge
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again