- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
Man shot in Northeast D.C.
A man was injured in a shooting in the Northeast D.C. neighborhood of Brentwood, not far from the scene where two men were shot over the weekend, according to police reports.
Investigators do not believe the two shootings, which injured three men late Tuesday, are related, Fifth District Cmdr. Andrew Solberg said.
“We’re still investigating, but nothing would lead us to conclude a relationship between them,” Cmdr. Solberg said in an email.
Tuesday’s shooting happened in the 1200 block of Brentwood Road in Northeast just after 11 p.m. A man suffered a graze wound to the back after an someone fired at him, police said.
On Sunday, two men suffered multiple gunshot wounds during a shooting in the 1300 block of Saratoga Avenue Northeast, just around the corner from the site of Tuesday’s attack. One man was shot twice in the back and the other was shot in the leg and arm, police said. No further information was available about their conditions on Wednesday.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Andrea Noble is a crime and public safety reporter for The Washington Times. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Snow, ice leave thousands without power in D.C. area
- D.C. police officer linked to prostitution ring
- Wal-Mart greets first customers in D.C.
- No money sought for new D.C. firetrucks deemed 'oversight'
- Vincent Gray's scandals promise to tangle D.C. mayoral campaign
Latest Blog Entries
By Brahma Chellaney
Beijing's creeping aggression signals a challenge to U.S. presence in the Asian Pacific
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- Satanists petition for statue at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Tech companies call for an end to NSA online snooping
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- Ted Cruz sees legal landmines ahead for Obamacare
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- WOLF: The president's other Obamacare lies
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
- MILLER: Brady Campaign says Colorado recalls due to NRA, not grassroots opposition to gun control
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow