- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Expect pressure-cooker ban
Question of the Day
So now we find out the deadly bomb that exploded during the Boston Marathon comprised explosives, ball bearings and nails packed into a common pressure cooker (“Boston bombs used nail-packed pressure cookers, officials say,” Web, April 16). Since explosives are, for the most part, already illegal, they can’t be the problem. What we can most likely expect from the geniuses in Washington; Sacramento, Calif.; Albany, N.Y.; and elsewhere is to require background checks for anyone wishing to purchase nails or ball bearings, with strict limits on quantities.
The next step would be to ban the sale of all pressure cookers, especially the high-capacity types that certainly have the potential to kill more people. After all, no one has to cook a whole chicken at once.
La Habra, Calif.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
Get Breaking Alerts
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Chris Matthews: GOP less patriotic than South African white apartheid leaders
- MILLER: Obamacare enrollees include 101 members of the House of Representatives