- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
- Foreign minister vows response if Russians are attacked in Ukraine
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Expect pressure-cooker ban
So now we find out the deadly bomb that exploded during the Boston Marathon comprised explosives, ball bearings and nails packed into a common pressure cooker (“Boston bombs used nail-packed pressure cookers, officials say,” Web, April 16). Since explosives are, for the most part, already illegal, they can’t be the problem. What we can most likely expect from the geniuses in Washington; Sacramento, Calif.; Albany, N.Y.; and elsewhere is to require background checks for anyone wishing to purchase nails or ball bearings, with strict limits on quantities.
The next step would be to ban the sale of all pressure cookers, especially the high-capacity types that certainly have the potential to kill more people. After all, no one has to cook a whole chicken at once.
La Habra, Calif.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
Get Breaking Alerts
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Georgia governor signs bill expanding gun rights
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- IRS revokes conservative group's tax-exempt status over anti-Clinton statements: report
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow