- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Eyes wide open on Sen. Casey
I hope that people are finally taking the blinders off about Sen. Robert P. Casey Jr., Pennsylvania Democrat. He is not "just like his father." Over the years, Mr. Casey's votes have been very telling. He has generally said one thing, but done another.
The "pro-life" Mr. Casey has repeatedly betrayed the unborn. He voted against the Mexico City Policy, a federal policy that requires all nongovernmental organizations that receive federal funding to refrain from performing or promoting abortion services as a method of family planning with non-U.S. government funds in other countries. He has voted repeatedly to fund Planned Parenthood, the largest abortion provider in this country. He also voted for Obamacare, which will result in more abortions abortions that Americans will be required to finance.
In recent weeks, Mr. Casey voted to reaffirm the Department of Health and Human Services' contraceptives mandate, voted against the Conscience Clause Amendment and planned to co-sponsor a bill to repeal the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA). All faithful Catholics must stand with the Catholic Church on the sanctity of life and traditional marriage.
I would like to remind the senator of a quote from Scripture, in Mark 8:36: "For what shall it profit a man, if he gains the whole world, and suffers the loss of his soul?"
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
Get Breaking Alerts
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- Craigslist killers: Police say newlyweds stabbed man for thrills
- NYC alarms with notice: Immediately surrender your rifle