- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
- Tea Party Patriots call key GOP firing a declaration of war
- 68,000 more file for unemployment — in one week
- Michigan bans in-state insurers from covering abortion
- Nancy Pelosi tells Democrats to pass budget: ‘Embrace the suck’
- Key Obamacare official: Last two months much harder than anyone hoped
- Sen. Mike Lee: We must stop ‘the prez’ from acting like the queen
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Eyes wide open on Sen. Casey
Question of the Day
I hope that people are finally taking the blinders off about Sen. Robert P. Casey Jr., Pennsylvania Democrat. He is not "just like his father." Over the years, Mr. Casey's votes have been very telling. He has generally said one thing, but done another.
The "pro-life" Mr. Casey has repeatedly betrayed the unborn. He voted against the Mexico City Policy, a federal policy that requires all nongovernmental organizations that receive federal funding to refrain from performing or promoting abortion services as a method of family planning with non-U.S. government funds in other countries. He has voted repeatedly to fund Planned Parenthood, the largest abortion provider in this country. He also voted for Obamacare, which will result in more abortions abortions that Americans will be required to finance.
In recent weeks, Mr. Casey voted to reaffirm the Department of Health and Human Services' contraceptives mandate, voted against the Conscience Clause Amendment and planned to co-sponsor a bill to repeal the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA). All faithful Catholics must stand with the Catholic Church on the sanctity of life and traditional marriage.
I would like to remind the senator of a quote from Scripture, in Mark 8:36: "For what shall it profit a man, if he gains the whole world, and suffers the loss of his soul?"
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
Get Breaking Alerts
- Obama's Afghanistan experts stumped on U.S. death toll, war costs during hearing
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
- All-out war breaks out in GOP over budget pact
- MALCOLM/REIMER: Over-criminalization undermines respect for legal system
- Selfie at heart of Obama fiasco to stay secret
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Rand Paul: Budget deal 'shameful,' 'huge mistake'
- Fake interpreter at Mandela service: 'Sorry,' I have schizophrenia
- DIVEST! Oil is the new apartheid on college campuses