- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
- African leader cancels trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Sarah Palin’s online channel hits snag when Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- SWAT spends seven hours in standoff with empty home
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
- Iran’s Rouhani: Israel, Islamic State are ‘tumors derived from the same origin’
- Rep. Tim Murphy: GOP knew HealthCare.gov would be an ‘unmitigated disaster’
- Political speak: Planned Parenthood dumps ‘pro-choice’ for ‘women’s health’
- U.S. attorney warns Cuomo not to interfere with anti-corruption probes
- Investigators reach Ukraine jet crash site
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Eyes wide open on Sen. Casey
Question of the Day
I hope that people are finally taking the blinders off about Sen. Robert P. Casey Jr., Pennsylvania Democrat. He is not "just like his father." Over the years, Mr. Casey's votes have been very telling. He has generally said one thing, but done another.
The "pro-life" Mr. Casey has repeatedly betrayed the unborn. He voted against the Mexico City Policy, a federal policy that requires all nongovernmental organizations that receive federal funding to refrain from performing or promoting abortion services as a method of family planning with non-U.S. government funds in other countries. He has voted repeatedly to fund Planned Parenthood, the largest abortion provider in this country. He also voted for Obamacare, which will result in more abortions abortions that Americans will be required to finance.
In recent weeks, Mr. Casey voted to reaffirm the Department of Health and Human Services' contraceptives mandate, voted against the Conscience Clause Amendment and planned to co-sponsor a bill to repeal the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA). All faithful Catholics must stand with the Catholic Church on the sanctity of life and traditional marriage.
I would like to remind the senator of a quote from Scripture, in Mark 8:36: "For what shall it profit a man, if he gains the whole world, and suffers the loss of his soul?"
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
Get Breaking Alerts
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Politics and corruption driving water woes
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Laws should target criminals, not the law-abiding
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Temple Mount is still Judaism's holiest site
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: If Israeli laid down its arms
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Stop silence on relocations of illegal aliens