- People will be safe at 118th Boston Marathon, Mayor Marty Walsh says
- Boy Scout, 12, killed by rolling tree during troop outing at Washington park
- South Korean president: Ferry crew actions ‘murderous’
- President Obama poised to grant clemency to nonviolent drug offenders: report
- Teen OK after riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet
- Kraft recalls 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer hot dogs over cheese error
- Boy Scouts boots church as host after gay leadership dispute
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s new book raises 2016 presidential speculation
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Rep. Marsha Blackburn: Hillary Clinton won’t be first female president
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Eyes wide open on Sen. Casey
I hope that people are finally taking the blinders off about Sen. Robert P. Casey Jr., Pennsylvania Democrat. He is not "just like his father." Over the years, Mr. Casey's votes have been very telling. He has generally said one thing, but done another.
The "pro-life" Mr. Casey has repeatedly betrayed the unborn. He voted against the Mexico City Policy, a federal policy that requires all nongovernmental organizations that receive federal funding to refrain from performing or promoting abortion services as a method of family planning with non-U.S. government funds in other countries. He has voted repeatedly to fund Planned Parenthood, the largest abortion provider in this country. He also voted for Obamacare, which will result in more abortions abortions that Americans will be required to finance.
In recent weeks, Mr. Casey voted to reaffirm the Department of Health and Human Services' contraceptives mandate, voted against the Conscience Clause Amendment and planned to co-sponsor a bill to repeal the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA). All faithful Catholics must stand with the Catholic Church on the sanctity of life and traditional marriage.
I would like to remind the senator of a quote from Scripture, in Mark 8:36: "For what shall it profit a man, if he gains the whole world, and suffers the loss of his soul?"
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
Get Breaking Alerts
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- CURL: Shelly O first lady Michelle Obama comes in last
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Twitter blocks accounts critical of Turkish government
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Building a D.C. memorial for an endless war bumps into regulations