- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
FIFA: Libya safe to host WCup soccer qualifiers
Question of the Day
ZURICH (AP) - FIFA authorized Libya to host World Cup qualifying matches, saying the country is safe enough for its first international home games since the uprising that ousted Moammar Gadhafi.
“FIFA has decided to reauthorize matches in Libya,” the governing body said Thursday after the Confederation of African Football previously recommended approval.
Libya will host Congo in Tripoli on June 7 and Togo in Benina, near Benghazi, on June 14.
Group winners in African qualifying advance to a final playoff round in October and November. Five African teams will play in Brazil next year.
In Benina, Libya is scheduled to play in the Martyrs of February Stadium, which was named in 2011 as a tribute to people who died fighting Gadhafi’s forces.
During Gadhafi’s rule, the venue was named in honor of Hugo Chavez, the late Venezuelan leader who was an ally of the former regime.
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors