- The Washington Times - Thursday, April 18, 2013

At least five suspected members of al Qaeda were killed in two separate U.S. drone strikes in a mountainous region of Yemen, just south of Sanaa, a security spokesman said.

The first strike took place in a desert area 90 miles from Sanaa, the capital, and killed four, CBS reported. The second killed jihadi Hamed Radman, a suspected al Qaeda recruiter, while he was inside his house, CBS said.

The strikes took place Wednesday. A witness said that drones had been patrolling the skies for days and that the explosions from the attacks rocked his village.

Yemen is home to one of al Qaeda’s most dangerous branches, called al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula.