- Obama hosting annual Easter Egg Roll
- Big Bang a big question for most Americans: Poll
- Jimmy Carter’s grandson: People have right to sport Confederate battle flag license plate
- Supreme Court issues no ruling on case challenging N.J. gun law
- Sharyl Attkisson: Media Matters ‘clearly targeted me’
- Sherpas consider boycott after Everest avalanche
- Democrat Rep. Stephen Lynch on Obamacare: ‘We will lose seats’ this November
- Syria to hold presidential election on June 3
- People will be safe at 118th Boston Marathon, Mayor Marty Walsh says
- Boy Scout, 12, killed by rolling tree during troop outing at Washington park
Viewership up for NBA on cable and online
NEW YORK (AP) - The NBA's three network partners all drew their second-highest total of viewers for a full regular season, while NBA TV had its highest total.
TNT, in its 29th year televising the NBA, averaged about 2 million viewers for its 52 telecasts. Miami's season-opening victory over Boston drew nearly 5.4 million, making it the fifth most-watched NBA regular-season game ever on cable.
NBA TV's record audience of 868,000 viewers for the Lakers-Portland game on Oct. 31 helped it average 336,000 for its 98 regular-season telecasts, a 33 percent increase over 2010-11, the last full regular season.
Viewership for games on TNT, ABC and ESPN is up 37 percent in the last decade.
The NBA also says Thursday that NBA.com had its best season with nearly 6.6 billion page views and 3.9 billion video streams.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Twitter blocks accounts critical of Turkish government
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Jimmy Carter's grandson: People have right to sport Confederate battle flag license plate
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- CURL: Shelly O first lady Michelle Obama comes in last
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.