- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
- HUMPRHIES: The Liberal Bully of the Week is …
BANKS: Border security from ground level
Napolitano needs to answer for dangerous drug gateways
David Beckham understands this. Last year, he packed his family and abandoned his ranch in Arivaca, southwest of Tucson. With illegals banging on doors at night, peering in windows and sleeping in their motor home, they no longer felt safe.
“My wife was scared being home alone during the day,” says Mr. Beckham. “We have guns, but it’s a helluva thing to ask your wife to defend herself while you’re gone.”
The senators should call Mr. Beckham. They should also call his neighbor, Jim Chilton, who sleeps with a rifle beside his bed and won’t talk on his cellphone when out riding for fear the scouts think he’s dropping a dime.
Tell us, Madam Secretary, would you be fine with those conditions in your neighborhood? The new proposal gives your department six months to produce a plan for capturing 90 percent of illegal crossers. Why didn’t you produce this plan a year ago?
Wouldn’t it make sense to reverse the order do security improvements first, and in six months, if they work, talk legalization? David Beckham shouldn’t have to wait one extra day before he can go home again.
Leo W. Banks is a writer in Tucson, Ariz.
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
Get Breaking Alerts
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Bundy support demonstrates voters' distrust
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obamacare disasters were avoidable
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Muhammad wouldn't condone Boston bombing
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: High heels: Hazardous to one's health?
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Marshall's comments hurt GOP, pro-lifers