- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force sees resource shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
- Law firm that cleared N.J. Gov. Christie in ‘Bridgegate’ gave 10K to RGA, which he heads
GET OUT: The week’s pocket picks in D.C.
Last week, “Motown: The Musical” premiered on Broadway, with musical legends like Smokey Robinson, Diana Ross and Gladys Knight among the stars on the red carpet to get a first look at the story of Berry Gordy Jr.’s Detroit record label. It’s sure to be a hit but you don’t need to see actors play the musicians with the Empress of Soul herself coming to Washington this week. Miss Knight rose to stardom in the 1960s and 1970s with her group Gladys Knight and the Pips, and went on to win seven Grammy awards, including one for the 1986 AIDS benefit song “That’s What Friends Are For” with Dionne Warwick, Stevie Wonder and Elton John. For two nights only, starting Thursday, Miss Knight will appear at Bethesda’s Music Center at Strathmore to perform her Motown favorites as well as newer songs. April 25-26 at the Music Center at Strathmore, 5301 Tuckerman Lane, Bethesda. 301/581-5100. Web: strathmore.org.
TWT Video Picks
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- U.S. military on high alert as Ukraine troops trade gunfire with pro-Russian militants
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- Josh Romney swipes Harry Reid with photo tweet of dad paying taxes 'your paycheck'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.