- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
GET OUT: The week’s pocket picks in D.C.
Question of the Day
Last week, “Motown: The Musical” premiered on Broadway, with musical legends like Smokey Robinson, Diana Ross and Gladys Knight among the stars on the red carpet to get a first look at the story of Berry Gordy Jr.’s Detroit record label. It’s sure to be a hit but you don’t need to see actors play the musicians with the Empress of Soul herself coming to Washington this week. Miss Knight rose to stardom in the 1960s and 1970s with her group Gladys Knight and the Pips, and went on to win seven Grammy awards, including one for the 1986 AIDS benefit song “That’s What Friends Are For” with Dionne Warwick, Stevie Wonder and Elton John. For two nights only, starting Thursday, Miss Knight will appear at Bethesda’s Music Center at Strathmore to perform her Motown favorites as well as newer songs. April 25-26 at the Music Center at Strathmore, 5301 Tuckerman Lane, Bethesda. 301/581-5100. Web: strathmore.org.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Houston mayor: Sorry that police put man's blind dog on road to die
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors