- Oscar Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford flubs daylight saving time advice: ‘Turn your clocks back’
- Americans don’t support sending U.S. troops to Ukraine
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt ‘Boss Hogg’ town from map
- N.C. math whiz to unveil secret of March Madness picks
- An appealing offer: Chiquita merges with Fyffes to make world’s largest banana firm
- Amnesty International says Syria guilty of war crimes for food blockade
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: ‘We are going to crush them’
- Adam Lanza’s dad: He would’ve killed me ‘in a heartbeat’
- North Korea holds election: 100% turnout, Kim Jong-un gets — 100% of vote
Kim Kardashian: Divorce settlement with Humphries approved
LOS ANGELES — The marriage of Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries, which began with a storybook wedding, ended Friday in a grim courtroom with a judge approving a divorce settlement after a protracted legal battle between the former couple.
Humphries sent his lawyer but did not appear in court. Kardashian, who is pregnant with a child by her boyfriend Kanye West, appeared in a black silk puffy sleeveless maternity dress embellished with sequins on the skirt.
“Ms. Kardashian, is this your signature?” the judge asked her as he perused a three-page settlement agreement.
“Yes,” she replied. She continued to answer yes when asked if she had discussed the matter with her attorney and understood that there would be no trial.
“During your marriage did irreconcilable differences occur?” the judge asked.
“Yes,” said Kardashian.
“Is there any way your marriage can be saved?” he asked.
“No,” said Kardashian.
She married the NBA player in a high-profile wedding in August 2011. She filed for divorce later that year.
He sought an annulment claiming their marriage in an elaborate wedding ceremony was a fraud staged for her reality show, “Keeping Up With the Kardashians.”
She denied the allegations and insisted on a traditional divorce. She apparently won.
“The court is going to grant dissolution of marriage,” the judge said, advising that the divorce would not be final until papers are drawn up and signed.
Humphries did not attend the brief hearing. His lawyer, Benjamin Johnson, said he agreed to the settlement. The judge dropped an order for the Brooklyn Nets power forward to appear and explain why he failed to attend a previous hearing.
Kardashian was hustled into court by sheriff’s deputies through a back entrance and no photos were allowed.
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- CURL: Today's GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- As Crimea falls, Obama takes Key Largo golf vacation, Biden hits Virgin Islands
- Russia besieges Crimea as U.S. seeks diplomacy; Putin remains undeterred by Obama's sanctions
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- Investigators puzzle: How does a 777 jetliner just disappear into thin air?
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt 'Boss Hogg' town from map
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again