Authorities: MTV’s ‘Buckwild’ star died of carbon monoxide poisoning

Question of the Day

What has been the biggest debacle on Obama's watch?

View results

CHARLESTON, W.Va. — Authorities in West Virginia say a star of the MTV reality show “BUCKWILD” and two passengers all died of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Twenty-one-year-old Shain Gandee, his uncle and another passenger were found dead Monday. Gandee’s 1984 Ford Bronco was stuck in a mud hole, its tail pipe submerged. It’s possible the gas could have filled the cabin because of the clogged exhaust pipe.


SEE ALSO: ‘Buckwild’ star Shain Gandee, two others found dead in W. Va.


The Kanawha County Sheriff’s Department says autopsies completed Tuesday confirmed the three men died from the gas.

Their deaths have been ruled accidental.

The victims’ bodies have been released to funeral homes, but no arrangements have yet been announced.

Shooting for the second season of the show set around Sissonville and Charleston has been suspended.

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
TWT Video Picks