- Conrado Marrero dies at 102; ex-Senator was oldest living MLB player
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
- Foreign minister vows response if Russians are attacked in Ukraine
- Robert Griffin III to drive pace car before Richmond NASCAR race
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
Cardinals acquire QB Palmer from Raiders
First Cincinnati, then Oakland and now Arizona, it’s not exactly a `Who’s Who’ of NFL powerhouses.
“I’ve got a lot of tread left on my tires,” the 33-year-old quarterback promised.
Ever since Bruce Arians was hired to replace the fired Ken Whisenhunt, quarterback was the No. 1 topic of conversation.
“I’m here to introduce our starting quarterback and put it to bed,” Arians said at a news conference on Tuesday, “and I’m really happy about it.”
The Cardinals gave up a conditional seventh-round 2014 draft pick and swapped the second of their two sixth-round picks this year for Oakland’s seventh-round selection.
“This was a no-brainer,” Cardinals President Michael Bidwill said. “When we learned that he would be available via trade and that we had a shot at getting him, we were aggressive. We went out there, we put our best foot forward and made sure that we got the deal done. It dragged on a little over the weekend but this morning we made sure we pushed it over the goal line and got it done.”
“I’ve only got a couple of shots left,” he said. “I’ve been in this league for a long time. It’s nothing personal, it’s not statistical, it’s about trying to win a championship.”
But at least the Raiders have the prospect of getting something for the quarterback rather than just releasing him. Oakland acquired quarterback Matt Flynn on Monday in a deal that sent two draft picks to the Seahawks.
Palmer is 54-67 as a starter. He was 4-11 with Oakland last season.
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Georgia governor signs bill expanding gun rights
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Professor apologizes after blasting Republicans in class
- Justice Dept.'s new clemency guidelines: Crack offenders most obvious candidates
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
- Ministry of Truth: SCOTUS skeptical of law to police campaign 'lies'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014