- Greenpeace video warns that climate change is wrecking Santa’s home
- Herman Cain profiled in ‘Political Power’ comic book
- Hagel renews Qatar defense pact despite differences over Iran, Syria
- Fire departments fear Obamacare will gut volunteer ranks
- Rep. Alan Grayson loses $18M in stock scheme
- Christmas secularists get 6-foot beer-can Festivus pole at Florida Statehouse
- George Zimmerman’s girlfriend flips on assault: Let ‘my boyfriend’ go
- Lululemon Athletica chairman quits after firestorm over his fat-thighs comment
- CBS’ beleaguered Lara Logan gets a cheerleader — Dan Rather
- Jesus tops list as most significant figure in history; Mohammed at 4th
Cheaper college for illegal immigrants in Minn.?
ST. PAUL, Minn. — Lawmakers are considering extending Minnesota's resident tuition rates for public colleges to illegal immigrants.
Sen. Sandy Pappas, a St. Paul Democrat, is leading the push to make college cheaper for illegal immigrants on the condition that they graduate from high school and apply to legalize their immigration status as soon as possible. The bill also opens access to some financial aid.
Her bill passed the Senate Higher Education and Workforce Development Committee unanimously last month. It's expected to come up before that committee again Tuesday, possibly to be included in a larger higher education bill.
If passed and signed into law, Minnesota would become the 13th state to offer in-state tuition to illegal immigrants. Pappas has tried the bill several times in the last decade.
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
- American bourbon now better than Scottish whiskey: U.K.-born expert
- FITTON: A closer look at the Benghazi lie
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Nevada rescuers frenzied to find 4 kids, 2 adults lost in snow
- Troops forced to rely on welfare, holiday charity
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- Obama eulogizes Mandela, calls him 'the last great liberator'
- Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Raul Castro at Nelson Mandela's funeral
- EDITORIAL: Colorado ruling takes the cake
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
The cold hard truth about politics in America today and the state of this once great nation.
Politics, economics, and business from a real world perspective.
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow