- Bow before Valkyrie, NASA’s ‘superhero robot’ entry in DARPA challenge
- 10-year-old Pennsylvania boy suspended for pretend bow-and-arrow shooting
- Tea partiers turn on Capitol Hill budget deal
- Budget deal to get quick vote in the House
- Comma on!: Twitter erupts over Obama-Castro ‘marriage’
- Sebelius calls for review of Obamacare rollout woes
- American dream dying, but many see free market as solution: Poll
- Air Force base in South Carolina boots Nativity scene
- Israel poised for a $173M boost from the U.S. for missile defense
- Leon Panetta named as source of ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ scriptwriter’s information
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Second Amendment ensures equality
Monday, Jan. 14, 2013, began ‘hell week’ for those of us who are patriots, love our country and think that our government should abide by a strict interpretation of our Constitution. The leftists in our government are beginning their attack on the Second Amendment — our right to keep and bear arms. The zealots on the left are ignoring our country’s history and traditions and want to remove guns from the people.
The following message will give you insight into the beliefs of the great President Ronald Reagan on the subject of guns, and the reason our Constitution insists we keep them: “The gun has been called the great equalizer, meaning that a small person with a gun is equal to a large person, but it is a great equalizer in another way, too. It ensures that the people are the equal of their government whenever that government forgets that it is servant and not master of the governed. When the British forgot that, they got a revolution. And, as a result, we Americans got a Constitution.”
Current events and the planned actions of President Obama, Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. and others make it clear that the president and his gang of progressives and left-wing zealots are determined to override our Constitution and take the guns away from the American people. These usurpers want American guns gone so they can fully implement their plans to impose a socialist brand of moral relativism in an anything-goes society. One thing they know is mandatory to succeed: They must take guns away from the American people.
We the people must do everything in our legal power to prevent Mr. Obama’s planned power grab. Remember, we are the stewards of the greatest nation in the world as established by our 18th-century Founders. Thomas Jefferson said: “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.” We must have the courage to block the plans of America’s far-left zealots.
DONALD R. DODGE
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By Donald Lambro
Growth spikes are little more than trend-free anomalies
Get Breaking Alerts
- Teen thugs in DC run wild -- even while wearing GPS ankle bracelets
- New budget accord saves $23 billion -- after $65 billion spending spree
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
- VEGAS RULES: Harry Reid pushed feds to change ruling for casino's big-money foreigners
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- More than a quarter million sign up for Obamacare in November
- Gov't Motors: Obama fudges math on auto bailout, $10.5 billion loss for taxpayers
- Somber duty: U.S. presidents in hot demand at Mandela's memorial
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- MILLER: Dick Heller challenges D.C.s gun registration, files for summary judgment in Heller II