- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Second Amendment ensures equality
Question of the Day
Monday, Jan. 14, 2013, began ‘hell week’ for those of us who are patriots, love our country and think that our government should abide by a strict interpretation of our Constitution. The leftists in our government are beginning their attack on the Second Amendment — our right to keep and bear arms. The zealots on the left are ignoring our country’s history and traditions and want to remove guns from the people.
The following message will give you insight into the beliefs of the great President Ronald Reagan on the subject of guns, and the reason our Constitution insists we keep them: “The gun has been called the great equalizer, meaning that a small person with a gun is equal to a large person, but it is a great equalizer in another way, too. It ensures that the people are the equal of their government whenever that government forgets that it is servant and not master of the governed. When the British forgot that, they got a revolution. And, as a result, we Americans got a Constitution.”
Current events and the planned actions of President Obama, Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. and others make it clear that the president and his gang of progressives and left-wing zealots are determined to override our Constitution and take the guns away from the American people. These usurpers want American guns gone so they can fully implement their plans to impose a socialist brand of moral relativism in an anything-goes society. One thing they know is mandatory to succeed: They must take guns away from the American people.
We the people must do everything in our legal power to prevent Mr. Obama’s planned power grab. Remember, we are the stewards of the greatest nation in the world as established by our 18th-century Founders. Thomas Jefferson said: “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.” We must have the courage to block the plans of America’s far-left zealots.
DONALD R. DODGE
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
Get Breaking Alerts
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Colorado judge: Bakery owner discriminated against gay couple
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- Obamas call to close Vatican embassy is 'slap in the face' to Roman Catholics
- MILLER: Obamacare enrollees include 101 members of the House of Representatives