- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
Elliott Sadler gets chance in car at Kansas
KANSAS CITY, KAN. (AP) - Elliott Sadler is back in a Sprint Cup car this weekend for the first of three scheduled races with Joe Gibbs Racing, and is hoping to show enough to land a full-time ride for next season.
“I can’t thank the guys enough for giving me this chance,” he said. “It’s neat. It’s fun. I feel like a kid in a candy store all over again, almost like the first day of high school.”
JGR fields full-time Sprint Cup rides for Denny Hamlin, Kyle Busch and Matt Kenseth. Sadler drives the No. 11 entry for Gibbs in the Nationwide Series, and two of his three starts _ including this weekend at Kansas _ will come when that series has the week off.
“There’s a lot that goes into running a couple races here and there. It’s a big commitment,” Sadler said. “I understand the opportunity that’s been placed in front of me, and we want to make the most of it, take advantage of it and see where this road leads us.”
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- FENNO: Mike Shanahan's empty words no salve to free-falling Redskins
- Sen. Rand Paul: Supreme Court needs to re-examine Fourth Amendment
- Ezekiel Emanuel: If you want to pay more for your doctor, you can under Obamacare
- Obamas call to close Vatican embassy is 'slap in the face' to Roman Catholics
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Al Maurer provides a common sense, conservatarian, Constitutional conservative perspective from the battleground state of Colorado
Film Reviews and Articles by Kevin Williams
"Critical thinking is thinking about your thinking while you're thinking in order to make your thinking better." - Dr. Richard Paul
Go beyond tourism's "top 10" bus tour destinations with Susan McKee as she explores the varied history, culture, food, and gardens, of the world.
Let it snow
White House pets gone wild!