- Families of ferry’s lost confront South Korean officials
- 2-week truce for Sriracha hot sauce maker, California city
- NYC’s de Blasio seeks to ban wood-burning fireplaces
- Residents angry Obama mispronounced town’s name during mudslide visit
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Netanyahu’s driver accused of raping girls under age 12
- Putin calls Internet ‘CIA project’ that must be controlled
- Muslims offended that 9/11 museum movie speaks of jihad
- Obama marks Armenian massacre, avoids using the word ‘genocide’
- Gov. Rick Perry: ‘It’s not a dare, it’s a promise’; Texas will fight BLM
Webber, Hamilton penalized ahead of Bahrain GP
SAKHIR, BAHRAIN (AP) - Slapped with penalties ahead of Bahrain Grand Prix qualifying, Red Bull’s Mark Webber and Mercedes Lewis Hamilton knew they had to put in a strong showing just to remain in the top 10. They both managed it, barely.
Hamilton has struggled all weekend with the car but finished a surprising fourth, only to be placed ninth on the grid after getting a five-grid penalty for a gear box change ahead of qualifying. Webber, meanwhile, was fifth fastest but will start seventh after being penalized for colliding with Toro Rosso’s Jean-Eric Vergne in an incident that ultimately ended his race in China.
Sauber’s Esteban Gutierrez also will start at the back of the grid, after being penalized five places for crashing into the rear of Adrian Sutil’s Force India in China.
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- Obamacare class-action suit opens a new legal front
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- 'Conservatives' should feel exposed by Bundy's racist comments: Scarborough
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Rand Paul: Bundy's racist remarks are 'offensive'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014