“It’s sort of humbling when you get to be my age, when your child knows more than you do about everything. Chelsea and her gay friends have modeled to me how we should all treat each other regardless of our sexual orientation.”
Former President Bill Clinton, crediting his daughter Chelsea for changing his attitude, upon accepting the “Advocate for Change Award” on Saturday from the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation.
POLL DU JOUR
• 66 percent of current U.S. homeowners do not plan to sell their homes “for the foreseeable future.”
• 15 percent will sell their home in the five years; 13 percent will sell their home in the next 10 years.
• Of that number, 47 percent will buy a smaller or less expensive home than they have now.
• 32 percent will buy a bigger or more expensive home; 13 percent will rent.
• 2 percent will buy a house like they now own, 1 percent will move to another property they own
• 1 percent will enter a retirement community, 1 percent will “live with relatives for free.”
Source: A Gallup poll of 1,406 homeowners conducted April 4 to 7 and released Friday.
• Small talk, big squawks to email@example.com.