- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ Phil Robertson suspended ‘indefinitely’ for gay quip
- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
Craig Brigham, surgeon being sued by Samari Rolle, found dead
Question of the Day
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — A Charlotte surgeon expected in court for opening arguments in a civil suit filed by former NFL player Samari Rolle has been found dead in his apartment.
The Charlotte Observer reports Dr. Craig Brigham was found dead shortly after 7 a.m. Monday. OrthoCarolina spokeswoman Blair Primis said Brigham's death appeared to be caused by an existing medical condition.
Rolle's lawsuit claims Brigham botched spinal fusion surgery in September 2008. Brigham and OrthoCarolina denied the claim.
The lawsuit filed in 2011 said Rolle was told by Brigham that he could resume NFL activity. Rolle played the final six games of 2008 with the Baltimore Ravens, but didn't play again. He retired in 2010, suffering from several problems, including pain, numbness and tingling in the upper left part of his torso.
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Fourth Amendment says Obama is not at liberty to collect metadata
- Duck Dynasty Phil Robertson suspended indefinitely for gay quip
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Half of America strips religion from Christmas
- In court filing, NCAA denies legal duty to protect athletes
- Bill Gates: The Secret Santa disguised as a 'friendly fellow' on Reddit
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- Armed response, not restrictive gun laws, brought swift end to school shooting
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- NAPOLITANO: NSA spies pick up interference from the Constitution
- John McCain to Harry Reid: Ill kick the crap out of you
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Politics, economics, and business from a real world perspective.
The cold hard truth about politics in America today and the state of this once great nation.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow