- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Netanyahu’s driver accused of raping girls under age 12
- Putin calls Internet ‘CIA project’ that must be controlled
- Muslims offended that 9/11 museum movie speaks of jihad
- Obama marks Armenian massacre, avoids using the word ‘genocide’
- Gov. Rick Perry: ‘It’s not a dare, it’s a promise’; Texas will fight BLM
- Howard Dean cheers Obama’s approach to Russian aggression
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s childhood nickname? ‘The Surprise’
- Democrat Grimes backs Keystone XL pipeline in Kentucky Senate race
- China spends for 17 new warships as U.S. cuts back military
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: ‘Gang of Eight’ truly ganglike
The Mexican government must be ecstatic with the Gang of Eight’s amnesty proposals (“Steve King: ‘Gang of Eight bill is aggressive and outrageous amnesty,’” Web, April 18). Mexico can now permanently shift the cost of social welfare, medical and educational benefits, as well as incarceration costs, from the Mexican taxpayer to the American taxpayer.
We used to be a nation of laws passed to benefit the American people. The Gang of Eight wants to pass a law to buy future votes to satisfy political agendas at the expense of our sovereignty and territorial integrity and to the detriment of the American people. The Gang of Eight is the modern-day version of the Dalton and James gangs. The difference is the Gang of Eight ravages our sovereignty and territorial integrity.
President Lincoln’s phrase “of the people, for the people, and by the people” has now become “of the politicians, for the votes, and by the politicians” the American people notwithstanding, apparently.
JOSEPH R. FARRELL
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
Get Breaking Alerts
- Obamacare class-action suit opens a new legal front
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- 'Conservatives' should feel exposed by Bundy's racist comments: Scarborough
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws