- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
- Law firm that cleared N.J. Gov. Christie in ‘Bridgegate’ gave 10K to RGA, which he heads
Luis Suarez charged with violent conduct by FA after biting Branislav Ivanovic
Luis Suarez faces a lengthy suspension after being charged with violent conduct by the Football Association on Monday.
The Liverpool striker bit Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic on the arm during an English Premier League game on Sunday. He was not penalized, as game officials didn’t see the incident, but the outcry was immediate.
The governing body on Monday said on its website that “it is The FA’s contention that the standard punishment of three matches that would otherwise apply is clearly insufficient in these circumstances.”
Three years ago, while playing for Dutch side Ajax, Suarez drew a seven-match ban after biting a player. The FA presumably will take that prior offense into consideration when determining a punishment.
Liverpool moved preemptively to fine Suarez an undisclosed amount Monday for “unacceptable behavior.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- U.S. military on high alert as Ukraine troops trade gunfire with pro-Russian militants
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- Josh Romney swipes Harry Reid with photo tweet of dad paying taxes 'your paycheck'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.