- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force sees resource shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
- Law firm that cleared N.J. Gov. Christie in ‘Bridgegate’ gave 10K to RGA, which he heads
Boston Marathon bomb damage worse than thought: 264 seriously injured, 14 lost limbs
BOSTON (AP) — Public health officials are now saying that 264 people sought treatment at hospitals for injuries sustained in the Boston Marathon bombings.
Authorities had been saying that about 180 people were injured, but that was just victims brought to hospitals in the immediate aftermath of the April 15 explosions. Three people were killed and at least 14 people lost all or part of a limb.
The Boston Public Health Commission says the larger number includes people who delayed seeking treatment. For example, some people had ringing in their ears from the blasts and thought it might go away, but it persisted for several days. Other people sought delayed treatment for minor shrapnel wounds. Twenty-seven different hospitals treated the injured.
The commission said as of Tuesday, 51 people were still hospitalized.
TWT Video Picks
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- U.S. military on high alert as Ukraine troops trade gunfire with pro-Russian militants
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- Josh Romney swipes Harry Reid with photo tweet of dad paying taxes 'your paycheck'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.