- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Dawson: Rules may dictate McIlroy’s Olympic choice
Question of the Day
McIlroy is from Northern Ireland, and he has been caught in a tough spot politically whether to play for Ireland or the United Kingdom when golf returns to the Olympic program in Rio for the first time since 1904.
Dawson said Tuesday there might be precedence based on the teams he played for in previous competitions, such as the World Cup or in amateur golf.
“Because of Rory’s history of playing for Ireland at amateur level and at World Cup level there may be a regulation within the Olympic rules which would determine who would have to play,” Dawson said. “We are still looking at the matter but under that regulation he could play under Irish colors.
“It’s quite ambiguous as there are regulations within the IOC that if you play previous world championships for a certain country, that has to carry with you.”
Dawson noted, however, that golf doesn’t have the same structure as other sports.
“But I would very much like to take this burden of choice away from the player, if possible, because it’s not fair,” Dawson said. “I think Rory has made it pretty clear, and what I have heard privately, he is worried about it and the last thing we want is a player worrying about it.”
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Sarah Palin's online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world