- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Kim Kardashian: Reality star says she’s ready for childbirth
Question of the Day
NEW YORK (AP) — Kim Kardashian says she’s gotten more used to pregnancy, is more comfortable in her skin, and no longer is feeling the aches and pains of expectant motherhood.
“Now I think I’m past all the awkward phases and stages, and once you feel the baby kick, it’s a whole new experience,” Miss Kardashian said Monday while attending the E! Network Upfront in New York. “I finally really embrace it. I love it now, but it took a minute. It was a lot, you know, a lot of body changes and stuff.”
The reality star has received a lot of scrutiny over how she’s chosen to dress her baby bump. For a while she avoided maternity clothes, wearing see-through tops and leather pants. The 32-year-old also opted to still wear designer clothing but in larger sizes that maybe weren’t meant for an expectant woman.
Miss Kardashian says she’s not only feeling better but is pretty calm about giving birth and isn’t nervous.
“At the beginning that was what I feared the most, and now, I mean, it’s inevitable,” she said. “It’s gonna happen. I’m really not worried or nervous.”
Miss Kardashian and her baby’s father, rapper Kanye West, know the gender of their child but are keeping it a secret. She said she’s careful when she goes shopping to not give anything away.
“We buy all white,” she said, laughing. “Or we’ll go and buy both (girls’ and boys’ clothing), and then no one will know.”
Besides Miss Kardashian’s belly, the cast of “Keeping Up With the Kardashians” is getting bigger. The upcoming eighth season will include stepdad Bruce Jenner’s sons, Brandon and Brody Jenner, along with Brandon Jenner’s wife, Leah Jenner.
Brandon and Brody Jenner’s mom is actress Linda Thompson, who was engaged to Elvis Presley.
Miss Kardashian said it only makes sense to feature her stepbrothers on the show.
“Our parents got married when I was 10 years old, so people don’t see that side of our lives,” she said, “but they’ve been in our lives for so long, so it’s fun to share that with everyone.”
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- New York Times reporter Carol Vogel accused of plagiarism
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- ISIL destroys key bridge leading to Baghdad; suicide truck bomb severed supply line
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world