- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Kim Kardashian: Reality star says she’s ready for childbirth
NEW YORK (AP) — Kim Kardashian says she’s gotten more used to pregnancy, is more comfortable in her skin, and no longer is feeling the aches and pains of expectant motherhood.
“Now I think I’m past all the awkward phases and stages, and once you feel the baby kick, it’s a whole new experience,” Miss Kardashian said Monday while attending the E! Network Upfront in New York. “I finally really embrace it. I love it now, but it took a minute. It was a lot, you know, a lot of body changes and stuff.”
The reality star has received a lot of scrutiny over how she’s chosen to dress her baby bump. For a while she avoided maternity clothes, wearing see-through tops and leather pants. The 32-year-old also opted to still wear designer clothing but in larger sizes that maybe weren’t meant for an expectant woman.
Miss Kardashian says she’s not only feeling better but is pretty calm about giving birth and isn’t nervous.
“At the beginning that was what I feared the most, and now, I mean, it’s inevitable,” she said. “It’s gonna happen. I’m really not worried or nervous.”
Miss Kardashian and her baby’s father, rapper Kanye West, know the gender of their child but are keeping it a secret. She said she’s careful when she goes shopping to not give anything away.
“We buy all white,” she said, laughing. “Or we’ll go and buy both (girls’ and boys’ clothing), and then no one will know.”
Besides Miss Kardashian’s belly, the cast of “Keeping Up With the Kardashians” is getting bigger. The upcoming eighth season will include stepdad Bruce Jenner’s sons, Brandon and Brody Jenner, along with Brandon Jenner’s wife, Leah Jenner.
Brandon and Brody Jenner’s mom is actress Linda Thompson, who was engaged to Elvis Presley.
Miss Kardashian said it only makes sense to feature her stepbrothers on the show.
“Our parents got married when I was 10 years old, so people don’t see that side of our lives,” she said, “but they’ve been in our lives for so long, so it’s fun to share that with everyone.”
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- CURL: The modern GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- 80 people publicly executed across North Korea for films, Bibles
- CPAC 2014: Straw poll signals Paul-Cruz showdown
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- U.S. deploys 12 F-16 fighter jets to Poland as exercise in response to Ukraine situation
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again