- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
Kim Kardashian: Reality star says she’s ready for childbirth
Question of the Day
NEW YORK (AP) — Kim Kardashian says she’s gotten more used to pregnancy, is more comfortable in her skin, and no longer is feeling the aches and pains of expectant motherhood.
“Now I think I’m past all the awkward phases and stages, and once you feel the baby kick, it’s a whole new experience,” Miss Kardashian said Monday while attending the E! Network Upfront in New York. “I finally really embrace it. I love it now, but it took a minute. It was a lot, you know, a lot of body changes and stuff.”
The reality star has received a lot of scrutiny over how she’s chosen to dress her baby bump. For a while she avoided maternity clothes, wearing see-through tops and leather pants. The 32-year-old also opted to still wear designer clothing but in larger sizes that maybe weren’t meant for an expectant woman.
Miss Kardashian says she’s not only feeling better but is pretty calm about giving birth and isn’t nervous.
“At the beginning that was what I feared the most, and now, I mean, it’s inevitable,” she said. “It’s gonna happen. I’m really not worried or nervous.”
Miss Kardashian and her baby’s father, rapper Kanye West, know the gender of their child but are keeping it a secret. She said she’s careful when she goes shopping to not give anything away.
“We buy all white,” she said, laughing. “Or we’ll go and buy both (girls’ and boys’ clothing), and then no one will know.”
Besides Miss Kardashian’s belly, the cast of “Keeping Up With the Kardashians” is getting bigger. The upcoming eighth season will include stepdad Bruce Jenner’s sons, Brandon and Brody Jenner, along with Brandon Jenner’s wife, Leah Jenner.
Brandon and Brody Jenner’s mom is actress Linda Thompson, who was engaged to Elvis Presley.
Miss Kardashian said it only makes sense to feature her stepbrothers on the show.
“Our parents got married when I was 10 years old, so people don’t see that side of our lives,” she said, “but they’ve been in our lives for so long, so it’s fun to share that with everyone.”
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- Colorado judge: Bakery owner discriminated against gay couple
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Obamas call to close Vatican embassy is 'slap in the face' to Roman Catholics
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Get in the middle of all the action inside and outside the boxing ring.
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
How does our 50th state view D.C. politics?
White House pets gone wild!