- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- Sen. Claire McCaskill to tackle sex assault at college next
- Judge’s order preserves NSA surveillance records
- Refurbished Pollock masterpiece goes on display
- Iditarod becomes mad dash for Nome
- ‘Burger King baby’ now seeks birth mom on Facebook
- Study: 2 percent of Americans have new hips, knees
- Friend: Pistorius shot gun out car without warning
- States wrestle with developing, restricting drones
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
New coach expected to be introduced at Rutgers
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) - Rutgers University is set to introduce a new men’s basketball coach who will replace fired coach Mike Rice.
The school’s athletic department has scheduled a 4:30 p.m. EDT news conference Tuesday in New Brunswick following a board of governors meeting.
Rice was fired after a video showed him grabbing and throwing a ball at players, and uttering anti-gay slurs during practices across his three seasons.
The scandal also forced the resignation of former athletic director Tim Pernetti and two others.
Rutgers went 15-16 last season and five Scarlet Knights have asked to leave the program.
Rutgers will join the Big Ten in 2014-15.
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- President Obama goes 'Between Two Ferns' to pitch Obamacare
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- EDITORIAL: Senate Democrats pointless all-night global warming talkathon
- CPAC 2014: Despite Ben Carson's speech, gay marriage mostly took a back seat at CPAC
- CARNES: Kissinger's flawed and offensive analysis of Ukraine
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Hard-fought congressional election in Florida is seen as a bellwether
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again