- Aaron Hernandez investigated for threatening to kill prison guard
- Putin tells Merkel that Ukraine is on the brink of civil war
- San Antonio mayor to Obama: Give amnesty to illegals with legal families
- NYPD disbands unit that spied on Muslims to go after ‘real bad guys’
- Donald Rumsfeld has ‘no idea’ if he paid taxes correctly
- Bradley Manning named honorary grand marshal of San Francisco Pride parade
- Look out PayPal: Facebook working toward mobile payments system
- U.S. rebukes Iran’s U.N. envoy pick over 1979 embassy attack
- Stoned mom avoids jail after driving 12 miles with baby on roof
- More than 100 ‘inappropriate’ encounters between NYC school staffers, students since 2009: report
Pa. judge throws out 3 murder charges against Dr. Kermit Gosnell
A judge has tossed some of the murder charges that Philadelphia abortionist Dr. Kermit Gosnell was facing in cases in which babies had been born alive.
Judge Jeffrey Minehart, The Associated Press reported, dismissed three of the first-degree murder charges during a Tuesday hearing. The judge did not give a reason for the dismissal, AP reported. The hearing was heard in Common Pleas Court, AP said.
Prosecutors had argued that the babies were alive and that Dr. Gosnell killed them by cutting the backs of their next.
Defense attorney Jack McMahon said that "there is not one piece ... of objective, scientific evidence that anyone was born alive" at Dr. Gosnell's clinic, AP reported.
Dr. Gosnell still faces charges for killing one patient and four other babies that reportedly were born alive, AP reported.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By returning to goodness, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- HURT: Wilson and Obama ... 100 years apart, but so alike
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- U.S. military on high alert as Ukraine troops trade gunfire with pro-Russian militants
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- HHS nominee Sylvia Burwell entangled in MetLife lawsuit
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes