- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Pa. judge throws out 3 murder charges against Dr. Kermit Gosnell
Question of the Day
A judge has tossed some of the murder charges that Philadelphia abortionist Dr. Kermit Gosnell was facing in cases in which babies had been born alive.
Judge Jeffrey Minehart, The Associated Press reported, dismissed three of the first-degree murder charges during a Tuesday hearing. The judge did not give a reason for the dismissal, AP reported. The hearing was heard in Common Pleas Court, AP said.
Prosecutors had argued that the babies were alive and that Dr. Gosnell killed them by cutting the backs of their next.
Defense attorney Jack McMahon said that "there is not one piece ... of objective, scientific evidence that anyone was born alive" at Dr. Gosnell's clinic, AP reported.
Dr. Gosnell still faces charges for killing one patient and four other babies that reportedly were born alive, AP reported.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Sarah Palin's online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Feds accept boredom, lack of work as excuses for surfing porn on clock
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world