- NASA-funded study says modern society doomed, like the dodo
- Mass. police award 3-year-old girl for saving pregnant mother
- Sen. Barrasso: ‘Nothing flies, nothing shoots, nothing works’ in Ukrainian military
- RNC ‘autopsy’ authors: ‘Tremendous progress’ from a year ago
- Gun control groups turn to private sector to push crackdowns
- Study to test ‘chocolate’ pills for heart health
- Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay arrested for DWI
- Obama, Abbas to meet Monday morning regarding peace talks
- Guinness quits New York’s St. Patrick’s Day parade over gay march prohibition
- RNC goes on offensive with ad buys in 14 targeted states
Gwyneth Paltrow: Actress says ‘most beautiful’ title ‘not true’
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Gwyneth Paltrow says she's thrilled to be picked by People magazine as "World's Most Beautiful Woman" for 2013 but it's "obviously not true."
Miss Paltrow questioned her own selection as she walked the red carpet at the Hollywood premiere of "Iron Man 3" on Wednesday evening.
"It's funny, these things, because it's like obviously not true. But it's very sweet to be named that," Miss Paltrow told The Associated Press. "Because I mean you can't say that, you know! But it's been wonderful. It's been very wonderful. And as my friend said, it's so nice that someone who has kids and is a mom and is not like 21 is named that. It's really an honor."
Miss Paltrow said her two children weren't aware of the news in this week's edition of the magazine, but she has been getting plenty of congratulatory emails from friends and family.
The 40-year-old actress stars as Pepper Potts, Tony Stark's love interest and assistant-turned-business partner in the "Iron Man" trilogy. Her co-stars in "Iron Man 3" praised People's proclamation.
"Completely justified. Completely justified. She's gorgeous," Guy Pearce said.
"Let me tell you: She is as gracious and beautiful inside as she is outside. She's got a good heart. She's got a good heart. A lovely girl," Ben Kingsley said.
TWT Video Picks
By David A. Clarke Jr.
Blame Washington's intelligence failure, not lack of police
- CURL: We overhauled U.S. health care to insure 4.2 million people?
- Bill Maher: God a 'psychotic mass murderer' who 'drowns babies'
- White House targets Russian officials, others for new sanctions
- Guinness quits New York's St. Patrick's Day parade over gay march prohibition
- New 'gainful employment' proposal sparks criticism
- Crimea votes in favor of secession; U.S. rejects
- Trust me: Obama promises new overtime rules will be 'easier for everyone'
- California gun store owner refuses to hand over customer list
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- Firefighters discover church's Bible in Harlem rubble following gas explosion
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014