- Times wins two awards from Society for Professional Journalists
- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
Zurich extends sponsorship of New Orleans PGA stop
AVONDALE, LA. (AP) - Zurich chief executive officer Martin Senn says the company is extending its sponsorship of the Zurich Classic _ the New Orleans PGA Tour stop _ for five years.
The company isn’t disclosing its financial commitment, but Senn says the tournament creates nearly $30 million in annual spending in the New Orleans area.
The new deal expires in 2019. Zurich took over as title sponsor in 2005, less than a year before Hurricane Katrina devastated south Louisiana. Senn says the opportunity to promote the region’s recovery after the storm only further motivated Zurich to maintain its ties to the tournament.
Senn says the Zurich Classic has raised $9 million for area charities in the past nine years and has helped rebuild 450 homes in hard-hit St. Bernard Parish.
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Air Force sees resource shift as U.S. exits Afghanistan, heads to Africa
- FISHER: Shades of Berlin in the South China Sea
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- Russian fighter jet buzzes U.S. Navy destroyer in Black Sea
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.