- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ Phil Robertson suspended ‘indefinitely’ for gay quip
- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
‘Bama players go back-to-back-to-back in 1st round
Question of the Day
Alabama’s dominance once again carried over to the NFL draft.
The two-time defending national champions became the first college team to produce three consecutive first-round picks since the common draft started in 1967 Thursday night. The New York Jets selected cornerback Dee Milliner with at No. 9, then guard Chance Warmack promptly went to the Tennessee Titans and San Diego picked tackle D.J. Fluker.
The back-to-back-to-back picks from one team had only happened once before, according to STATS, Inc. Southern California’s Stanley Havili, David Ausberry and Malcolm Smith were picked consecutively with seventh-round picks 240-242 in 2011.
`Bama’s tally under coach Nick Saban rose to 13 first-round picks since 2010 and 14 since 2009 after the three-peat of sorts. The program didn’t have a single player picked in the 2008 draft.
With Fluker’s pick, ESPN announcer Chris Berman proclaimed “Welcome Everyone to the Alabama Network.”
The Tide still were sure to fall short of the three-year high-water mark for the opening round. The Miami Hurricanes had 15 players selected in the first-round from 2002-04.
AP Sports Writer Steve Megargee in Nashville, Tenn., contributed to this story.
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Fourth Amendment says Obama is not at liberty to collect metadata
- Duck Dynasty Phil Robertson suspended indefinitely for gay quip
- Half of America strips religion from Christmas
- Bill Gates: The Secret Santa disguised as a 'friendly fellow' on Reddit
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- Armed response, not restrictive gun laws, brought swift end to school shooting
- NAPOLITANO: NSA spies pick up interference from the Constitution
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson: Gays 'wont inherit the kingdom of God'
- John McCain to Harry Reid: Ill kick the crap out of you
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Politics, economics, and business from a real world perspective.
The cold hard truth about politics in America today and the state of this once great nation.
Nobody likes to talk about dying. But we can help.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow