- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
Emotional Bush at presidential library dedication: ‘Our nation’s best days lie ahead’
Question of the Day
Similarly, Mr. Carter said he admired Mr. Bush for helping “the neediest people on Earth.”
Mr. Ryan, who pitched for the Texas Rangers when Mr. Bush was co-owner of the team, said it was “a very special day” for the former president.
“I’m very proud of what he’s been able to accomplish,” Mr. Ryan said.
The $250 million presidential library and museum opens to the public Wednesday.
The museum includes interactive displays such as “Decision Points Theater,” which presents visitors with crises such as Hurricane Katrina and the Wall Street meltdown, and allows visitors to choose a solution to each problem. Video displays then explain which decisions Mr. Bush made — and why.
An exhibit on 9/11 includes the bullhorn that Mr. Bush used to address rescue workers at the World Trade Center site three days after the attacks.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Dave Boyer is a White House correspondent for The Washington Times. A native of Allentown, Pa., Boyer worked for the Philadelphia Inquirer from 2002 to 2011 and also has covered Congress for the Times. He is a graduate of Penn State University. Boyer can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Obama raises funds while international crises loom
- U.S. intelligence nearly certain pro-Russian separatists downed Malaysian Airlines flight
- Latest Obama claim: I don't learn anything from the news
- White House urges border-state governors to pressure Congress on $3.7B immigration bill
- Putin calls for cease-fire in Ukraine
Latest Blog Entries
- Obama and Boehner congratulate U.S. men's hockey on win over Russia
- Americans say income gap will shrink if government butts out, poll shows
- WH spokesman Jay Carney recognizes beard's 'insufficiency,' shaves it off
- Obama misses deadline again on budget
- Biden burns rubber in driveway, laments road restrictions
TWT Video Picks
The president could pay the full price for ignoring Congress
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- Gen. James Amos, Marine Corps commandant, slams Obama's handling of Iraq
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- EDITORIAL: Obamacare in intensive care
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq