- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Citizenship easier than gun ownership
The Washington Times reports the Obama administration “has approved 99.5 percent of [illegal alien] applications” (“99.5% of illegal immigrants get approval for legal status; high number raises concerns about fraud,” Web, April 22).
President Obama’s approval process is much less stringent than passing a National Instant Criminal Background Check System evaluation, which every law-abiding citizen must satisfy to exercise one of their natural, inherent and unalienable rights: the right to keep and bear arms for self-defense.
Our Constitution obligates government to protect citizens’ rights, not grant citizenship to anyone who might be ineligible to exercise only part of a law-abiding citizen’s rights.
If applicants are not qualified to keep and bear arms, should they be allowed to vote or exercise any other right?
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
Get Breaking Alerts
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- NYT's David Brooks: Obama has 'manhood problem' in Middle East
- Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Vulnerable Democrats must 'run their own race'
- WILLIAMS: Bill Maher, comedian or bigot?
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws