- Families of ferry’s lost confront South Korean officials
- 2-week truce for Sriracha hot sauce maker, California city
- NYC’s de Blasio seeks to ban wood-burning fireplaces
- Residents angry Obama mispronounced town’s name during mudslide visit
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Netanyahu’s driver accused of raping girls under age 12
- Putin calls Internet ‘CIA project’ that must be controlled
- Muslims offended that 9/11 museum movie speaks of jihad
- Obama marks Armenian massacre, avoids using the word ‘genocide’
- Gov. Rick Perry: ‘It’s not a dare, it’s a promise’; Texas will fight BLM
Fed Reserve: Redesigned $100 bill to hit circulation in October
The Federal Reserve announced Wednesday that it will introduce a redesigned $100 bill into circulation beginning this October, more than two years later than expected.
The redesigned note had added security features to protect against counterfeiting, such as a blue, 3-D security ribbon and a disappearing Liberty Bell in an inkwell, Fox News reports.
The bill had been expected to go into circulation in February 2011. But officials announced they needed more time to fix production issues that left unwanted creases in many of the notes, Fox News reports. The new target date is Oct. 8.
“We made numerous process changes to address the creasing issue and we are back in full production,” said Dawn Haley, a spokeswoman for the Bureau of Engraving and Printing.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NYC's de Blasio seeks to ban wood-burning fireplaces
- Residents angry Obama mispronounced town's name during mudslide visit
- Richard Gere mistaken for homeless man, given bag of food
- Putin calls Internet 'CIA project' that must be controlled
- Paul Ryan to meet with black lawmakers after 'inner cities' flap
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- Obamacare class-action suit opens a new legal front
- List Hillary Clinton's successes? State Dept. spokeswoman flubs answer
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- 'Conservatives' should feel exposed by Bundy's racist comments: Scarborough
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014