- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Close call on dangerous arms treaty
We fought for freedom from European monarchs 200 years ago, but are coming perilously close to subjugating ourselves again to the authority of foreign powers. Recently, Sens. Tim Kaine and Mark R. Warner, Virginia Democrats, and Sens. Benjamin L. Cardin and Barbara A. Mikulski, Maryland Democrats, were among 46 senators who voted in a nonbinding test vote to enter into the U.N. Arms Trade Treaty.
Upon taking office, these senators swore to protect and defend our Constitution, but instead, they have tried to give away the very idea that is America; namely, liberty. These senators need to be defeated the next time they are up for election.
The treaty would open a back door to overturning the Second Amendment, as it contains language that would have implement an international gun registry on all private guns and ammo. This would affect all private firearms owners in the United States.
Founding Fathers Washington, Jefferson, Madison and Hamilton all supported man's natural-born right to keep and bear arms. Despots Hitler, Castro, Lenin, Stalin opposed it. Which ones do you trust to protect your rights? I trust the Framers and the magnificent Constitution they bequeathed to us. If we stay on the current track, our democratic republic will become a bankrupt, Third World banana republic. If our politicians continue to increase their own power while they diminish U.S. sovereignty, weaken America's defenses, irritate our closest allies, trivialize the war on terrorism, increase our national debt and budget deficit, weaken our economy, betray law-abiding citizens and circumvent our Constitution, we will all become less free.
We do not want that here in America.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
Get Breaking Alerts
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Glenn Beck takes on Hollywood with big movie production plans
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee