- House passes VA reform compromise
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Close call on dangerous arms treaty
Question of the Day
We fought for freedom from European monarchs 200 years ago, but are coming perilously close to subjugating ourselves again to the authority of foreign powers. Recently, Sens. Tim Kaine and Mark R. Warner, Virginia Democrats, and Sens. Benjamin L. Cardin and Barbara A. Mikulski, Maryland Democrats, were among 46 senators who voted in a nonbinding test vote to enter into the U.N. Arms Trade Treaty.
Upon taking office, these senators swore to protect and defend our Constitution, but instead, they have tried to give away the very idea that is America; namely, liberty. These senators need to be defeated the next time they are up for election.
The treaty would open a back door to overturning the Second Amendment, as it contains language that would have implement an international gun registry on all private guns and ammo. This would affect all private firearms owners in the United States.
Founding Fathers Washington, Jefferson, Madison and Hamilton all supported man's natural-born right to keep and bear arms. Despots Hitler, Castro, Lenin, Stalin opposed it. Which ones do you trust to protect your rights? I trust the Framers and the magnificent Constitution they bequeathed to us. If we stay on the current track, our democratic republic will become a bankrupt, Third World banana republic. If our politicians continue to increase their own power while they diminish U.S. sovereignty, weaken America's defenses, irritate our closest allies, trivialize the war on terrorism, increase our national debt and budget deficit, weaken our economy, betray law-abiding citizens and circumvent our Constitution, we will all become less free.
We do not want that here in America.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Exchanges reveal an ugly American abroad out to bring down conservatives
Get Breaking Alerts
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Stop silence on relocations of illegal aliens
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: If Israeli laid down its arms
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Temple Mount is still Judaism's holiest site
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Laws should target criminals, not the law-abiding
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Politics and corruption driving water woes