- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Formula One road show coming to Jerusalem
Question of the Day
JERUSALEM (AP) - City officials say international race car drivers will be speeding through the streets of Jerusalem in June in the city’s first Formula One road show.
Brachie Sprung, a spokeswoman for the Jerusalem municipality, says racers including Aprilia biker Max Biaggi, Ferrari racer Giancarlo Fisichella and stunt motorcyclist Chris Pfeiffer will zoom past the ancient walls of Jerusalem’s Old City.
The exhibition, billed as the Jerusalem Peace Road Show, is taking place June 13-14. Up to 100,000 spectators will be allowed to watch the cars along the 2.4 kilometer (1.5 mile) course.
In a statement on Formula One’s website, Jerusalem Mayor Nir Barkat says the event is apolitical, and he hopes Jews and Arabs will watch it together. Palestinians have objected to Israeli-organized events near the Old City in the past.
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq