- State Department: ‘No American is proud’ of certain CIA tactics
- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
- Hamas cleric tells Jews: ‘We will exterminate you’
- San Diego Costco, Target shoppers shocked by plane crash in parking lot
- George W. Bush penning biography of father
- Israel vows to destroy Hamas tunnels
- Spain evacuates staff from embassy in Libya
- Peace Corps evacuates over Ebola fears; 2 volunteers isolated
- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
Yankees: Nova, Cervelli on DL, Youkilis in lineup
Question of the Day
Nova left Friday night’s game against Toronto because of tightness in his right triceps.
“Hopefully, he can knock it out fairly quickly,” manager Joe Girardi said.
Cervelli exited with a broken right hand and is expected to miss at least six weeks. Cervelli and Nova joined All-Star teammates Derek Jeter, Alex Rodriguez, Curtis Granderson and Mark Teixiera on the sidelines.
The Yankees recalled catcher Austin Romine from Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre and also signed and selected lefty reliever Vidal Nuno from their top minor league team. Jeter, out until after the All-Star game because of an injured ankle, was transferred to the 60-day DL.
“Our hope is that he’s OK,” Girardi said.
There had been an initial report Nova had pain in his elbow when he left after the second batter in the third inning. Girardi said that wasn’t the case and that he thought the right-hander wouldn’t need extra time to recover.
“That’s going to heal,” Girardi said.
Catcher Chris Stewart started Saturday night against the Blue Jays.
Romine made his big league debut with the Yankees in 2011. He spent last year in the minors while rehabbing a strained lower back. He was hitting .333 with one homer and four RBIs in Triple-A this year.
“He’s going to catch some,” Girardi said.
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Star witness in Bob McDonnell corruption trial refutes 'crush' defense
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world