- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
Yankees: Nova, Cervelli on DL, Youkilis in lineup
Nova left Friday night’s game against Toronto because of tightness in his right triceps.
“Hopefully, he can knock it out fairly quickly,” manager Joe Girardi said.
Cervelli exited with a broken right hand and is expected to miss at least six weeks. Cervelli and Nova joined All-Star teammates Derek Jeter, Alex Rodriguez, Curtis Granderson and Mark Teixiera on the sidelines.
The Yankees recalled catcher Austin Romine from Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre and also signed and selected lefty reliever Vidal Nuno from their top minor league team. Jeter, out until after the All-Star game because of an injured ankle, was transferred to the 60-day DL.
“Our hope is that he’s OK,” Girardi said.
There had been an initial report Nova had pain in his elbow when he left after the second batter in the third inning. Girardi said that wasn’t the case and that he thought the right-hander wouldn’t need extra time to recover.
“That’s going to heal,” Girardi said.
Catcher Chris Stewart started Saturday night against the Blue Jays.
Romine made his big league debut with the Yankees in 2011. He spent last year in the minors while rehabbing a strained lower back. He was hitting .333 with one homer and four RBIs in Triple-A this year.
“He’s going to catch some,” Girardi said.
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- HURT: Wilson and Obama ... 100 years apart, but so alike
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- Eric Cantor rejects latest Obama immigration outreach
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.