- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Zadzooks: Injustice: Gods Among Us review
Some of the character powers and Super Moves worth savoring include;
* Batman can plant a bomb on the back of opponents and watches them helplessly try and react it before it explodes. He also can call in the Batmobile to run over an enemy.
• Superman often glows red and can literally punch an opponent into the stratosphere.
• Our water-logged hero Aquaman can stab with his trident and actually cracks a glass barrier that lets the sea into the Atlantis arena along with a massive shark that eats his enemy.
• Solomon Grundy pulls a tombstone from his chest and beats a foe with it.
• Green Lantern uses his ring to construct a mallet to hit an opponent in the head, two buses to crush him and a salvo of jet fighters and missiles that crash down upon the unlucky warrior.
Additionally, it’s hard not to giggle with giddiness while watching Bane deliver a bat-breaking move on the Dark Knight or Doomsday pummeling Superman into the ground.
The small touches to detail throughout the action are priceless such as Martian Manhunter floating in the background of the JLA Watchtower, Cyborg letting loose with a “boo-yah” after an especially brutal punch and Darkseid stopping by to pound a character into submission.
Heck, developers were even smart enough to pull in the voice over talent of favorite DC Universe cartoon stars including Kevin Conroy as Batman, Tara Strong as Raven and George Newbern as Superman to make the narrative very memorable to fans of the animated shows.
All of the above clearly expose the passion NetherRealm’s brings to this colorful and volatile universe and will endear Injustice: Gods Among Us to any DC pop culture fan.
Once the solo adventure concludes, the game offers an avalanche of extra content.
My favorite is over two hundred extra missions at S.T.A.R.S. Labs of varying difficulty and execution that play out as almost mini-comic book moments such as
• Superman must defeat a Lex Luthor mind controlled Batman who has kryptonite batarangs at his disposal.
• A player must follow the buttons sequence to unleash a more powerful heat beam fro his Man of Steel than the alternate counterpart.
• Batman must beat Raven while the Scarecrows fear toxin overtakes him (the screen turns a glowing red orange and confuse the Caped Crusader).
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
A graduate of Northwestern University with a degree in communications, Joseph Szadkowski has written about popular culture for The Washington Times for the past 17 years. He covers video games, comic books, new media and technology.
- ZADZOOKS: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze review
- ZADZOOKS: The Last of Us: Left Behind review
- ZADZOOKS: The Lego Movie Videogame review
- Zadzooks: Justice League: War review (Blu-ray)
- ZADZOOKS: Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII review
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Vietnam says it may have found door of missing Malaysian jet as intel look into stolen passports
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- High schooler suing parents for money shot down by judge
- Italy outraged over U.S. gun dealer's 'David' ad
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared?
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again