- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Bladensburg officer involved in car crash had shot himself
A Bladensburg police officer who was found dead after he was involved in a car crash in Anne Arundel County on Saturday morning had killed himself, authorities said Monday.
Officer Brian Johnson, a nine-year veteran of the Bladensburg Police Department, died from a gunshot wound to the upper body, and the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner ruled his death a suicide.
The crash occurred at about 9 a.m. Saturday on Route 100 near Catherine Avenue in Pasadena, Md. Police said Officer Johnson was off duty, driving his marked police cruiser when his car crossed the median and struck an oncoming vehicle.
The driver of the other vehicle was treated and released at the scene.
Police initially said Officer Johnson might have suffered a medical emergency that led to the collision.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Matthew Cella is The Washington Times’ Metro editor. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Five former Virginia AGs want case against ex-governor Bob McDonnell dismissed
- Bowser's D.C. primary victory caps speedy rise to political prominence
- Scandal-weary D.C. voters send Mayor Gray packing
- New details lead police to D.C. park in search of missing 8-year-old girl
- Police: Columbia mall shooter left chilling message before rampage
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Vulnerable Democrats must 'run their own race'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Republicans finally fight back in phony 'war on women'
- WILLIAMS: Bill Maher, comedian or bigot?
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- NYT's David Brooks: Obama has 'manhood problem' in Middle East
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.