- French president accuses Syria’s Assad of gassing his own citizens
- Jimmy Carter’s grandson makes gains in governor’s race in Georgia
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al Qaeda training camps
- Easter worshippers shocked as car rams church, injuring 21
- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
Suitland man dies after stabbing, car crash
A man stabbed at his Suitland apartment complex Monday died after a friend trying to drive him to an emergency room crashed her car and he had to be flown by helicopter to a local hospital, Prince George’s County police said.
The man has not been publicly identified, but police believe he was stabbed during a confrontation with people at his apartment, located in the 3800 block of Regency Park Court. Police initially classified the incident as a residential robbery and said investigators were looking for as many as four suspects.
It was unclear whether the woman was at the home when the attack occurred or if she found the man injured at his apartment. She crashed her car into a curb at around 2:20 p.m. while trying to drive her friend to a hospital, police spokesman Cpl. Clinton Copeland said. The woman wasn’t injured and the man was taken by helicopter for treatment of his stab wounds but died at the hospital.
No further information was available about any possible motive in the slaying.
The killing marks the 25th homicide this year in Prince George’s County, Cpl. Copeland said.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Andrea Noble is a crime and public safety reporter for The Washington Times. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- D.C. Council sues Mayor Gray, CFO over budget autonomy law
- D.C. Council sues Mayor Gray over budget autonomy law
- Guilty verdict in execution-style killings of 2 women, 2 children in Lanham
- Minority parties see power grab for D.C. vote
- Two bodies found under bridge near Southeast D.C. highway
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- In Colorado, a marijuana holiday tries to go mainstream
- CURL: Shelly O first lady Michelle Obama comes in last
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.