- Florida beach-goers told to beware flesh-eating bacteria in water
- Lundergan Grimes uses ‘war on women’ strategy to attack McConnell
- Rep. Jeff Miller: ‘Ain’t no leash for VA’
- Al Qaeda nets $125M from ransom payoffs from Europe since 2008
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich cruising to re-election: survey
- Landslide hits Indian village; 150 may be trapped
- Albania bank loses $7M in theft; police arrest 2
- Gov. Mike Pence irked as Obama sends illegals to Indiana on sly
- Israel, White House say Obama phone call to demand cease-fire was fake
- Nancy Pelosi: Deporting kids un-Christian, sends them ‘into a burning building’
Bradley Beal to miss rest of Wizards’ season with leg injury
Question of the Day
The Wizards announced before their game at the Toronto Raptors on Wednesday that Beal has a stress injury in his right fibula and is expected to resume basketball-related activities in about six weeks.
Entering Wednesday, Washington was 28-46, with eight games left in the regular season.
Beal, the No. 3 overall pick in last year’s draft out of Florida, averaged 13.9 points, 3.8 assists and 2.4 rebounds this season. He earned Eastern Conference rookie of the month honors in December and January.
Beal played 27½ minutes in Washington’s 90-86 victory over Chicago on Tuesday night, his second game back after missing time with a left ankle injury.
He had been bothered by the right leg, too, and an MRI exam Wednesday showed the stress injury.
Beal already had been sidelined for a total of 18 games this season: 11 because of the left ankle, five because of a sprained right wrist, and two because of a sore back.
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell's wife had 'crush' on CEO
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women's fitness tests
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world