- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
Bradley Beal to miss rest of Wizards’ season with leg injury
The Wizards announced before their game at the Toronto Raptors on Wednesday that Beal has a stress injury in his right fibula and is expected to resume basketball-related activities in about six weeks.
Entering Wednesday, Washington was 28-46, with eight games left in the regular season.
Beal, the No. 3 overall pick in last year’s draft out of Florida, averaged 13.9 points, 3.8 assists and 2.4 rebounds this season. He earned Eastern Conference rookie of the month honors in December and January.
Beal played 27½ minutes in Washington’s 90-86 victory over Chicago on Tuesday night, his second game back after missing time with a left ankle injury.
He had been bothered by the right leg, too, and an MRI exam Wednesday showed the stress injury.
Beal already had been sidelined for a total of 18 games this season: 11 because of the left ankle, five because of a sprained right wrist, and two because of a sore back.
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Paul Ryan to meet with black lawmakers after 'inner cities' flap
- Georgia's new carry law a big win for gun rights
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014