- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
- Michaels craft chain confirms hackers hit 3M customers
- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
Bradley Beal to miss rest of Wizards’ season with leg injury
The Wizards announced before their game at the Toronto Raptors on Wednesday that Beal has a stress injury in his right fibula and is expected to resume basketball-related activities in about six weeks.
Entering Wednesday, Washington was 28-46, with eight games left in the regular season.
Beal, the No. 3 overall pick in last year’s draft out of Florida, averaged 13.9 points, 3.8 assists and 2.4 rebounds this season. He earned Eastern Conference rookie of the month honors in December and January.
Beal played 27½ minutes in Washington’s 90-86 victory over Chicago on Tuesday night, his second game back after missing time with a left ankle injury.
He had been bothered by the right leg, too, and an MRI exam Wednesday showed the stress injury.
Beal already had been sidelined for a total of 18 games this season: 11 because of the left ankle, five because of a sprained right wrist, and two because of a sore back.
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Immigration still on hold: Boehner's office
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- BRUCE: Obama deliberately emboldening America's enemies
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.