- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
Film critic Roger Ebert marks Sun-Times anniversary with cancer news
Film critic Roger Ebert, 70, announced his 46th year of writing for the Chicago Sun-Times with sad news: He’s taking a “leave of presence” following a fracture that he just learned was the result of cancer.
USA Today says that he has to trim back the number of films he’s able to review because of radiation treatments, but that he is far from quitting. He’s set to launch his website, Rogerebert.com, on April 9, and his Eberfest film event will go forth as planned April 17-21 at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA Today says.
“My friend and colleague Richard Roeper and other critics have stepped up and kept the newspaper and website current with reviews of all the major releases,” Mr. Ebert wrote, as reported by USA Today.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Cheryl Chumley is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She’s also a 2008-2009 Robert Novak journalism fellow with The Phillips Foundation. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Russia accused of sinking own cruiser to block Ukrainian navy
- Pope Francis: I snatched a cross from my confessor's corpse
- Suspected serial killer may be loose near Washington, D.C.
- Calif. shop facing angry fire pulls 'smart gun' from shelves
- Napoleon's death-bed hair, shirt to hit the auction block
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- IRS to turn over Lerner emails in tea party targeting probe
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- R-S-P-E-C-T: Find out what it means for Obama
- Golden Hammer: Feds spend millions to train executives train in luxury
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again