- Iran’s Rouhani: Israel, Islamic State are ‘tumors derived from the same origin’
- Rep. Tim Murphy: GOP knew HealthCare.gov would be an ‘unmitigated disaster’
- Political speak: Planned Parenthood dumps ‘pro-choice’ for ‘women’s health’
- U.S. attorney warns Cuomo not to interfere with anti-corruption probes
- Investigators reach Ukraine jet crash site
- Ohio gives Obama a thumbs down; Hillary Clinton tops GOP all-stars: poll
- Jesse Ventura suggests suit not over; HarperCollins could be next
- ‘No American is proud’ of certain CIA tactics: State Department
- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
Madonna: Pop diva selling Leger painting at NYC auction
Question of the Day
NEW YORK (AP) — Madonna is parting with an abstract French painting she's owned for more than 20 years to support educating girls in Afghanistan, Pakistan and other countries. It's expected to bring $5 million to $7 million.
Fernand Leger's "Three Women at the Red Table" will be offered May 7 at Sotheby's auction house. All proceeds will benefit the Ray of Light Foundation.
The pop diva says she wants "to trade something valuable for something invaluable" in countries in which female education is rare or nonexistent.
She purchased "Three Women" at Sotheby's in 1990.
Leger created the work in 1921 as part of a series depicting women with still-life compositions.
Other examples from the series are in the Dallas Museum of Art and the Beyeler Foundation in Switzerland.
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world