- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Marion Barry recovering after overnight hospital stay
Question of the Day
Former D.C. Mayor Marion Barry was recovering Wednesday from an overnight stay at the hospital prompted by low blood sugar.
Mr. Barry, now a D.C. Council member representing Ward 8, said he's been a diabetic for two decades and his blood sugar had dipped too low Tuesday night, so he was taken to the hospital.
The 77-year-old "mayor for life" took to his Twitter page Wednesday to thank the D.C. fire department for his trip to the Howard University Hospital and to list some of his favorite dishes he plans to avoid for his health.
"Steak and cheese, extra mayo — words that may sound good but kill," Mr. Barry wrote.
The hospital stay is one of a handful of health scares Mr. Barry has experienced in recent years.
In 2009, he was hospitalized for complications related to his kidney transplant, and later for dehydration and a mild blood infection. In January 2012 he underwent surgery on his urinary tract, and five months later, was treated for a blood clot in his leg while on the way to a convention in Las Vegas.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Meredith Somers is a Metro reporter for The Washington Times. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Higher Ground: 'Christian' Grey
- Priest abuse survivors group marks milestone
- Teen girl exorcised by priest, sends demonic text messages in response
- Obama nominates Rabbi David Saperstein as ambassador for religious freedom
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- ON THE RUN: Competition for Redskins backup running back is heating up
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors