- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Stop worrying about feelings
Question of the Day
Although I am Jewish, I have great respect for the Catholic Church, new Pope Francis and Cardinal Donald W. Wuerl, archbishop of Washington (“Cardinals: Church needs to ensure marriage defense isn’t attack on gays,” Web, Sunday).
The article said “they do not want to see the church’s defense of traditional marriage be construed as bigotry or an attack on a particular group.” When did we become a nation explaining why we oppose something considered immoral or illegal? Isn’t that what religion is supposed to teach? Is it bigotry for us to take legal action against terrorists, murderers, pedophiles and/or gang members? After all, don’t these “particular groups” feel attacked? Wake up, America. We are the ones being attacked.
JACQUELINE A. POSTAL
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
Get Breaking Alerts
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- Tony Dungy doubles down on Michael Sam remarks: 'Drafting him would bring much distraction'
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- Rick Perry: County jails in Texas have taken in 203,000 "criminal aliens"
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado