- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
U.S. Embassy in Cairo yanks Twitter feed over Jon Stewart brouhaha
The U.S. Embassy in Cairo has put a stop to its Twitter feed, after Egyptian authorities expressed dismay over the subject matter of a Jon Stewart monologue on "The Daily Show," which was linked in a tweet.
U.S. officials confirmed in a report by The Associated Press that the feed had been removed due to a diplomatic issue.
Mr. Stewart mocked Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi for his order to arrest a satirist, AP reports.
The removal of the Twitter feed comes at a time when tensions between the two nations are already tight. Egypt's government has been engaged in conversations with Washington officials this past week about dwindling human rights in the country, AP said.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Cheryl Chumley is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She’s also a 2008-2009 Robert Novak journalism fellow with The Phillips Foundation. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Military urged to stay away from National Day of Prayer event
- Ole Miss fraternity shut after 3 accused of tying noose on statue of black student
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists' try to erect 'reason station' at city hall
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act — then promotes on Twitter
- Ben Carson presidential PAC outpaces Hillary, GOP
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.