- Jimmy Carter’s grandson makes gains in governor’s race in Georgia
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al Qaeda training camps
- Easter worshippers shocked as car rams church, injuring 21
- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
Celtics players happy for former teammate Collins
“I know how dedicated he is to his craft and he was a great teammate, regardless of his sexual preference. It didn’t matter to me.”
Kevin Garnett was “just happy for him obviously being able to be himself. … Personal preference is just that. We’re here to support everything he’s doing.”
And, he said, he never considered the possibility of having a gay teammate.
“It never crossed my mind, but I’m not against it,” he said. “We all are here for the same reason and that’s to win, no matter if you’re gay, if you’re straight. It doesn’t matter to me.”
“There may be some guy in the crowd that may want to voice his opinion,” he said, “but they voice their opinions pretty well when we’re on the road anyway. It’s just white noise at the end of the day, and I’m sure when Jackie Robinson went on the road, some of the things he heard, and they all went away, eventually, and this will go away as well.”
Rivers said Collins‘ announcement will “spur debate and opinions” even if it doesn’t spur other gay athletes to come out.
“Everybody should have a right to an opinion,” he said. “We have to have tolerance with everyone.”
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- In Colorado, a marijuana holiday tries to go mainstream
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- CURL: Shelly O first lady Michelle Obama comes in last
- UNICEF launches 'Mr. Poo' mascot in India to curb public defecation
- See the scathing documents detailing $600 billion squandered in Afghanistan
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.