- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror recruiter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
Conservatives wanted: Colorado University seeks intellectual diversity at liberal bastion
“The other challenge is, ‘Who is a true conservative?’” Mr. Ludwig said. “I think that argument comes up on a fairly regular basis, about who is conservative and who isn’t, and who gets to decide what that is, if that’s a basis for hiring.”
Student Tyler Quick quipped that he would “challenge the assumption that all Boulder faculty are somehow commies,” but Republican regent Sue Sharkey wasn’t amused.
“That’s a joke? I didn’t find the humor,” said Ms. Sharkey. “That’s an overstatement, and it diminishes the case we’re trying to make here.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Valerie Richardson covers politics and the West from Denver. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Six Senate seats could hinge on Keystone pipeline
- Stars not aligned with polls on Keystone
- Former Greenpeace insider Patrick Moore who questions climate change says he can stand the heat
- Pot shot: GOP candidates see hit to Colorado's image from legal weed
- Arizona veto likely to chill other religious freedom bills
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
- David Jolly wins in Florida, GOP keeps swing district seat
- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Redskins bypass big splash - for now - as free agency period begins
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again