- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Crew members suspended for fight with Piquet Jr.
Thomas Costello and Michael Searce were both suspended for four Nationwide Series races and fined $15,000 each. They were also placed on probation until the end of the year for the altercation in the motorhome lot after Friday night’s race.
Henrico County police charged Searce with two counts of misdemeanor assault, and Costello with one count of misdemeanor assault. NASCAR cited “actions detrimental to stock car racing. Involved in an altercation with another competitor after the race had concluded,” as reason for their punishment.
Piquet tweeted on Saturday night a friend of his hurt his shoulder in the fight with the RCR crew members, whom team owner Richard Childress claimed “were walking to their cars and words were exchanged with members from another team, which led to an altercation.”
“Afterwards on pit road, my first reaction was to defend myself. I had no intent to break the code,” he posted on Twitter. “With that kick, no wonder I race cars and not play soccer. I look forward to moving on and racing again.”
By Tammy Bruce
- Aronofsky's 'Noah' banned in Qatar, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Bill Clinton cashes in on nonprofit hospital
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- Russian lawmaker wants to outlaw U.S. dollar, calls it a Ponzi scheme
- Obama goes from lame to laughable in just one week
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again