- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
MLB looks into verbal spat between Price, Hallion
Question of the Day
Price accused Hallion of directing a profanity toward him during the Rays’ 8-3 win over the White Sox on Sunday. The AL Cy Young Award winner thought Hallion missed a pitch and exchanged words with the plate umpire while heading to the dugout after the seventh inning.
“I’ll come right out bluntly and say he’s a liar,” he told a pool reporter.
“You can’t talk to me that way, period,” Price said. “That was my whole thing. It had nothing to do with the strike zone. You don’t talk to people that way.”
Price also took umbrage with being called a liar.
“I’m not a liar,” he said pointedly. “I’m not a liar, period.”
Hallion also could be disciplined for initiating the incident.
Earlier Tuesday, Price stopped by the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum in Kansas City, where he was presented with the Wilber “Bullet” Rogan Award as the American League’s top pitcher.
A three-time All-Star, Price went 20-5 with a league-leading 2.56 ERA last season. He finished tied with the Los Angeles Angels’ Jered Weaver for the most wins in the majors.
By James A. Lyons Jr.
The president has shifted alliance from friend to enemy
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world