- Air Force cadets ‘revolt’ after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard
- Rep. Lee: Paul Ryan out of touch with urban Americans
- House votes down resolution to force Issa to apologize
- Kremlin blocks opposition websites; Kasparov fears Putin plans ‘something drastic’
- Saving trees? EPA wastes $1.5 million storing unneeded pamphlets in warehouse
- Scott Brown Senate bid in New Hampshire may launch soon
- Jeffrey Corzine, son of ex-N.J. governor, dead at 31
- Australian surfing magazine sorry for calling indigenous surfer ‘apeish’
- Records: Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- The Putin problem: U.S. needs Russian rockets for spy satellites
Robert Downey Jr.: ‘Iron Man 3’ co-star Paltrow makes him ‘feel there’s more to explore in universe’
The World’s Most Beautiful Woman?
That’s nothing, if you’re Gwyneth Paltrow.
Just ask her “Iron Man 3” co-star Robert Downey Jr.
In the latest installment of Marvel Studios’ staggeringly successful superhero franchise, opening Friday, Miss Paltrow returns in an expanded role as Pepper Potts, loyal-assistant-turned-love-interest to Mr. Downey’s Tony Stark.
Mr. Downey and Miss Paltrow — friends since the ’90s — were sitting together for a joint interview promoting their film when Mr. Downey, who has found personal stability and international superstardom in recent years, was prompted to imagine his future.
“Ultimately, it comes down to relationships,” Mr. Downey said, unremarkably enough.
Then, “glancing at Miss Paltrow,” according to the Associated Press, the married actor effused: “What keeps driving me to feel that there’s more to explore in this universe is sitting right next to me.”
A recovered drug and alcohol abuser, Mr. Downey has been clean and sober for close to a decade. Just in case you were wondering.
The actor is also married, and hastened to allocate a share of credit to his wife and producing partner Susan Downey. “And my significant other, my partner, is a great, creative producer, and there are ways she is starting to inch me toward that are probably for my highest good,” Mr. Downey said.
In David Germain’s AP account of his interview, the actor — with some help from his inspirational co-star — went on to stress the closeness between his and Miss Paltrow’s families.
“The cool thing is, and speaking of girl power, is [Miss Paltrow] and the missus are friends,” Mr. Downey said.
“I love his wife,” Miss Paltrow confirmed.
“They’re both, like, type-A, organized, and so Susan and Gwyneth organize our ability to stay close and keep our doors open to each other and be current with each other’s lives and each other’s kids,” Mr. Downey explained.
That must be what they call a full recovery.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Daniel Wattenberg is arts and features editor for The Washington Times. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kevin Spacey, supply-sider
- Distressed viewers in Connecticut call 911 to report cable TV outage
- Breaking: Stumbling Matt Damon vehicle 'Elysium' trails box office leader for second straight day
- Crime victim Kid Rock vows to stand his ground: '… I will not hesitate to shoot …'
- Paula Deen off the hook? Lyndon Johnson, Lee Daniels and the N-word
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Bob Dole
The industrious island has proved itself worthy of U.S. inclusion
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- USS Kidd sent to Indian Ocean after 'indication' of Malaysian jet crash
- FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- Warren Buffett's son to spend $23.7 million in effort to save South African rhinos
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- Justice Department refuses info on hundreds of prosecutor misconduct cases
- MILLER: Law enforcement realizes good people with guns deter crime
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again