- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
- Former Reagan aide James Baker: President regretted apartheid veto
- Some donations to gay waitress who allegedly forged hate note refunded
- German President Joachim Gauck boycotting Sochi Olympics
- Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel: If you want to pay more for your doctor, you can under Obamacare
- Sen. Rand Paul: ‘I am seriously thinking about’ running for president in 2016
- Sleet, ice, deepfreeze hit large swath of U.S.
- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
SANDS: Top chess players in action at home and abroad
1. e4 c5 2. Nf3 g6 3. c4 Bg7 4. d4 Qa5+ 5. Nc3 d6 6. h3 Nc6 7. d5 Nd4 8. Bd2 Qb6 9. Rb1 Nf6 10. Bd3 O-O 11. O-O Nd7 12. Nxd4 cxd4 13. Na4 Qc7 14. f4 a5 15. Be1 b6 16. Bg3 e6 17. f5 exf5 18. exf5 Re8 19. b3 Nf6 20. Bf2 Nh5 21. Qd2 Be5 22. Rbe1 Qd8 23. fxg6 hxg6 24. Re4 Bd7 25. Bh4 Qc7 26. g4 f5 27. Rxe5 dxe5 28. Qh6 e4 29. d6 Qb7 30. Nxb6 Re6 31. gxh5 g5 32. Qxg5+ Kh8 33. Qxf5 Rg8+ 34. Kh2 exd3 35. Bf6+ Rxf6 36. Qxf6+ Kh7 37. Nd5 Bxh3 38. Kxh3 Qd7+ 39. Kh2 d2 40. Qe7+ Black resigns.
1. Nf3 d5 2. g3 Nc6 3. d4 Bg4 4. Nbd2 Qd7 5. h3 Bf5 6. c3 e5 7. dxe5 O-O-O 8. e3 Nge7 9. g4 Bg6 10. b4 h5 11. b5 hxg4 12. bxc6 Nxc6 13. e6 Qxe6 14. Nd4 Nxd4 15. cxd4 Be7 16. Bg2 gxh3 17. Bf3 Bf5 18. Qa4 Kb8 19. Ba3 Bh4 20. Nf1 g5 21. Rh2 g4 22. Be2 Be4 23. Rc1 Bg2 24. Qa5 Rc8 25. Rc3 Bxf2+ 26. Kxf2 Bxf1 27. Kxf1 g3 28. Bf3 gxh2 29. Ke2 Rhg8 30. Bc5 a6 31. Bh1 Rg2+ 32. Bxg2 and White resigns.
• David R. Sands can be reached at 202/636-3178 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Raised in Northern Virginia, David R. Sands received an undergraduate degree from the University of Virginia and a master’s degree from the Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy at Tufts University. He worked as a reporter for several Washington-area business publications before joining The Washington Times.
At The Times, Mr. Sands has covered numerous beats, including international trade, banking, politics ...
- SANDS: Shark attack: Miami wins first U.S. Chess League title
- SANDS: Magnus Carlsen's future bright as the new king of chess
- Norway's Magnus Carlsen wins world chess title
- Magnus Carlsen on verge of world chess title with quick win over champion
- SANDS: Carlsen close to chess title as Anand cracks under endgame pressure
Latest Blog Entries
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Sen. Rand Paul: Supreme Court needs to re-examine Fourth Amendment
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- Dick Cheney: Family feud over gay marriage has been 'dealt with'
- Obamas call to close Vatican embassy is 'slap in the face' to Roman Catholics
- 'Dude, I'm dreading that I will have to go': Czech prime minister on Mandela funeral
- Sen. Rand Paul: Long-term unemployment benefits are disservice to workers
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Get in the middle of all the action inside and outside the boxing ring.
Opinion, analysis, and musings on politics, pop culture, reinvention, and the resultant flotsam and jetsam floating around the right-of-center quadrant of the Left Coast.
The cold hard truth about politics in America today and the state of this once great nation.
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
Let it snow
White House pets gone wild!