- DOJ reaches largest-ever federal government settlement over auto loan discrimination
- U.S. Navy to start giving gay couples marriage benefits in Japan
- Sen. Harry Reid goes to hospital as a precaution
- Fla.’s Trey Radel exits rehab, ‘excited’ to resume congressional role
- U.S. nuclear general boozed it up, chased ‘hot women’ in Russia: report
- 45 Calif. students at one school test positive for tuberculosis exposure
- Rob Ford on women: Give them cash ‘and they are happy’
- Ku Klux Klan group holds recruitment meeting in Maryland
- Airport assassination: Mayor, 3 others killed at Manila airport
- Tea party-type lawmakers take mysterious, off-books trip to Mideast
Tracy Morgan and Hollywood celebs use weekend in D.C. to push gun control
Question of the Day
“I mean, if we could get guns under control, if we could get rid of them, I’m with all of that,” Mr. Morgan said at a Creative Coalition event launching the White House Correspondents’ Dinner. “I’ve had a lot of friends that have died violently from guns.”
“Of course I want to get rid of guns, he continued. “My father fought in the Vietnam War and he forbid us to have guns when he came home when we were little, so yes.”
“I’d like to see some gun control regulations,” the actress said, later adding that she is in full support of the Second Amendment.
“I’d like Congress to be a little more cooperative and be more representative of the people,” she said.
Mr. Daly said he was disappointed that gun control was blocked by the Senate, but agrees he is not in support of taking away anyone’s constitutional rights.
“I’m hopeful that some kind of common sense can prevail,” he said. “The First Amendment allows us freedom of speech. We can’t yell fire in a theater. We can’t defame people. All of these things, they’re not an open book. There’s modifications to all our constitutional rights and the Second Amendment should be no different.”
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NYC council bans use of e-cigarettes indoors
- Katie Couric's syndicated talk show canceled
- Obama: 'The Duck Dynasty family seems like a pretty fun bunch'
- Balcony collapses at London's Apollo theatre during performance
- Multiple injuries as balcony collapses at London's Apollo theatre during performance
Latest Blog Entries
By John McAfee
- Breaking Fad: Alligators becoming the new pit bulls for drug dealers, cops say
- D.C. to tout Obamacare among youth waiting for Air Jordans
- Huge backlash mounts over suspension of 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson
- TARGET credit card theft swells to 40 million victims
- Special ops vets slam military benefit cuts
- Obama: 2014 will be 'breakthrough year' for U.S.
- Dems use new filibuster rules to approve DHS nominee Alejandro Mayorkas under investigation
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- Citing 'unfair system,' Obama commutes sentences for 8 crack offenders
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow